It’s the question that almost every bride-to-be asks herself at some point: “Who should I choose as my bridesmaids?” It can be a tough decision, but with your Las Vegas wedding ceremony soon approaching, it’s important to start researching how to go about choosing bridesmaids who will support you and help make your wedding day as perfect as possible. With that in mind, below, we will discuss some tips for choosing your bridesmaids so that you can create the best lineup for your wedding party.
Who Should You Select as Your Bridesmaids for Your Wedding Ceremony
You’re probably not sure where to begin, and that’s where we come in! Always & Forever Weddings and Receptions is here to set you on the path to choosing the right bridesmaids for your big day. By diving into the following information we have provided below, we are sure you will have a better idea of who to include in your wedding party so that your day goes as planned and is one you will cherish forever. That said, let’s take a look at the following tips to kick-start your selection process!
Take Into Consideration How Big the Wedding Will Be
Choosing your bridesmaids for your wedding ceremony can be a difficult task because there are so many factors to consider. But one of the first things to think about is the size of your wedding. This will give you an idea of how many bridesmaids you may want to include.
For example, if you’re having a small wedding with 20 guests, you probably don’t need 10 bridesmaids! However, there are no set rules, and you can actually have as many bridesmaids as you want, or even zero if you’re having a wedding for two. Below, we will discuss our recommendations for the ideal number of bridesmaids for different-sized weddings, and we hope this information helps make your decision easier!
- Small Wedding (under 50 guests): We recommend having 4-6 bridesmaids. This is the perfect number to provide support without being too overwhelming.
- Medium-Sized Wedding (50-75 guests): We recommend having 6-8 bridesmaids. This allows you to have a nice mix of close friends and family members standing by your side during your Las Vegas wedding ceremony. If you’re having this size wedding, then be sure to check out our post on planning a wedding for 50 guests or more.
- Large Wedding (100 guests and over): We recommend having 8-10 bridesmaids. This way, you will have plenty of help with all the details and logistics.
You can also select packages at Always & Forever based on your guest count. Head over to our wedding packages page to see all the fabulous details.
Make Sure They’re Able to Travel for a Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony
If you’re planning a destination wedding in Las Vegas, choose your bridesmaids wisely by making sure they are able to travel to your wedding venue. Why is this important? Because it can be difficult to coordinate travel arrangements for a large group of people, so you don’t want to add any extra stress by choosing someone who just doesn’t have the funds for all the travel expenses, or anyone who can’t take the time to travel. At least Las Vegas is an easy location to travel to, with it being on the radar of major airlines, and so on.
Ask Yourself if this Person is Dependable and Reliable Bridesmaid’s Material
Choosing your bridesmaids can be a lot of fun, but it’s essential to remember that not everyone is suited for the role. You will want to carefully select people who you know you can depend on, friends or family members who are reliable and can be there for you on your big day. Imagine that the task of ordering wedding flowers is assigned to an unreliable bridesmaid and they never complete it because they forgot, and then on your big day, there are no flowers for the reception hall! Even worse, what if you have several bridesmaids who are not dependable? You can, however, have unreliable bridesmaids that you’re close to in your wedding party; just be sure not to ask them for help with anything that is too important; assign that task to someone else.
Consider How Close You’re to the Potential Bridesmaid
It’s important to choose bridesmaids who you’re close to. This is because they will be by your side during the entire wedding planning process – they will help you pick out your dress, plan the bachelorette party, go with you to your bridal hair and makeup appointment, and so on. Besides that, it’s tradition to select those who you’re closest to.
For instance, you would not pick a coworker that you see every day at work, but you’re not that close to; they probably would not be interested in putting forth the effort it takes to help you make your day a success. On the other hand, a close friend or family member would want to go above and beyond to make your day special because they care about you. Some ideas for bridesmaids candidates for your Las Vegas wedding ceremony would be a sister (who could also be your maid of honor), close family members such as a cousin, childhood friends, your best friend, or old friends from college that you have kept in touch with.
Do They Have Any Issues with You Marrying Your Husband-to-Be?
It’s crucial to choose bridesmaids who are supportive of your relationship and marriage. Although they may be a close family member or a good friend, you may not want someone in your wedding party who doesn’t agree with you marrying your husband-to-be. Instead, choose friends or family members who will be happy for you and excited to celebrate your marriage. We have this listed in our tips because there have been cases where a bridesmaid doesn’t really care for the groom, and it shows. This can make the groom uncomfortable on his special day, as well as cause the bride to become upset – these are situations you will want to avoid at all costs, and starting with not including these people in your wedding party is a good way to prevent upset in the first place. Remember, this is your wedding day and it’s all about you and your loved one; so don’t be afraid to make the tough decision of not including someone as a bridesmaid if you think they’re not a good fit.
You May Want to Ensure all the Bridesmaids Get Along to Avoid Issues
Related to the above topic, it’s a good idea to have a group of bridesmaids who get along. If you include a few who happen to be at war with each other, you may encounter some big issues, such as fighting, the silent treatment, upset moods, even crying. It can also make the other bridesmaids, as well as the rest of the wedding party uncomfortable, and can be a big downer on the day you’re supposed to be excited about. In contrast, having a group of bridesmaids who get along with each other will make the wedding planning process much more enjoyable for you and them. Also, it will make the wedding day itself much more relaxing and stress-free. The bottom line is that having a group of bridesmaids at your Las Vegas wedding ceremony who are all getting along and having fun together will make your wedding day even more special and create lasting memories that you will want to hold on to forever.
Always & Forever Resources for Weddings in the Las Vegas Area
Along with choosing your bridesmaids, you will want to research other elements of your big day. This can include looking into wedding venue packages, as well as information regarding wedding cakes or marriage licenses, and evening weddings, and so on.
Here at our full-service Las Vegas ceremony and reception venue, we have all the resources you would need to help plan your dream come true wedding day. Dive into all the details below that apply to your wedding goals, and feel free to reach out to one of our wedding coordinators if you have any questions or would like to book a package – we are here to make things happen for you!
- Always & Forever provides professional photography services in their wedding day packages – dive in to learn more.
- For those planning a Las Vegas wedding reception, this page is for you.
- Learn who pays for what for a typical wedding ceremony and reception.
- If you have decided between an open bar and a cash bar, this post can help you make the final choice.
- If you’re having an all inclusive wedding, we have a wide variety of packages to meet your needs.
- For those who may need a reception hall package, we have more than a few!
- Consider having a beautiful outdoor wedding in the Las Vegas area, complete with lake views!
- Find out just how important it is to use an experienced wedding photographer for your big day.
- Should you utilize a DJ or a band? The answer is within this post!
- A Las Vegas marriage license is essential so be sure to research how to apply for one!
- If you’re not sure what style of bridal updo is best for you, this post can give you a few ideas.
- Couples who are dreaming of a Las Vegas wedding ceremony that includes a romantic gazebo, we have what you need.
- Did you know you can have a stunning lake wedding near the Vegas Strip? We can make it happen for you at Always & Forever.
- If you’re on a tight budget, our wedding specials can help you get married in style with all the inclusions you would want.
- Wedding day transportation is important so make sure not to leave it to the last moment.
- Incorporating wedding traditions into your ceremony reception can make your big day more memorable – learn more.
- Does your maid of honor need help with her speech? If so, then forward this post to her.
- Take a look at our reception only packages to see all that we include to make your wedding celebration complete.
- Having a Las Vegas outdoor wedding can provide you with a lakefront view and a romantic ceremony gazebo.
- Consider having a stunning sunset wedding that you and your guests will never forget.
Have an Amazing Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony with the One You Love and the Perfect Set of Bridesmaids
Now that you have had a chance to read through our tips for choosing the bridesmaids you will have in your wedding ceremony, we hope that you have a clearer picture of who is on your list. If you have any questions regarding our ceremony and reception locations, as well as our packages, or even our wedding specials, be sure to reach out to our Las Vegas wedding venue so we can assist you in planning your big day. Our team of experienced wedding planners can be contacted at (702) 318-5683 – we look forward to hearing all about your wedding day goals and how we can help make them a reality.