A wedding reception is a time to celebrate the marriage of two people who have just said their vows, and it’s also a time for family and friends to come together and celebrate the new union. There are many things that need to be considered when planning an event such as this – from the food that will be served to the decorations that will be displayed; but what exactly should you include in your own reception? With that question in mind, Always & Forever is here to help you plan your Las Vegas wedding reception by providing you with a list of the most common must-haves that you should consider incorporating into your wedding celebration. So, get ready to dive in and get inspired by what our experienced wedding planners have to say!
Five Elements that Should be On Your Las Vegas Wedding Reception Checklist
Your big day is approaching, and you’re happily diving into the planning process, and now you’re considering what should be included in your wedding reception. We know this can be a bit confusing, so we are breaking it down for you by detailing the essentials that we have seen most couples include during their celebration event, which are 1) Reception Meal 2) Entertainment 3) Dance Floor 4) Bar Options 5) Wedding Decor. However, if you would like even more ideas for your Las Vegas wedding reception, just give one of our wedding coordinators a call; they would be happy to share their wealth of wedding celebration knowledge with you to ensure your special day is unforgettable.
A Good Wedding Reception Meal Makes All the Difference
One thing that should never be compromised is the meal at your Las Vegas wedding reception, especially since it’s an important social aspect of the evening. Plus, offering a delicious spread helps to show your appreciation for the people who have come to share your special day with you.
In addition to this, having food available will help keep guests energized and happy throughout the event, and a great meal always sets the tone for the rest of the day and lets guests know that they’re in for a good time. Our Las Vegas full-service wedding venue realizes just how important a wedding reception meal is, so we have designed our packages to include exceptional menu options.
Also, speaking of food, let’s not forget the wedding cake, because, after all, it’s more than just a dessert – it’s a tradition that dates back centuries. Cutting the cake with your spouse symbolizes the start of a new life together, and sharing it with the one you love symbolizes the commitment to also share your love and support with them. From choosing the flavor and design, to cutting into that first slice, having a wedding cake adds an extra touch of joy and excitement to the celebration. You will be happy to know that Always & Forever includes a multi-tier wedding cake with our packages that include a reception, and you will have a few designs to choose from – view our Wedding Cake Designs page for more details.
With all that said, we wanted to give you an idea of what we can offer you and your guests during the reception. Below, you will find a small sampling of what the options are for the main meal when you book an all inclusive package or have a reception only affair at Always & Forever Weddings and Receptions:
- Asian Flank Steak: Asian-influenced, seared flank steak doused with fine
spice yakitori demi-glaze
- Tuscan Chicken: Chicken thighs with a tomato-infused cream sauce,
sundried tomato and olives
- Chicken Alfredo: Grilled chicken breast on bowtie pasta tossed with Alfredo
- Chicken Parmesan with chicken breasts
- Chicken Carbonara: Chicken thighs with garlic, parmesan cheese, basil sauce and prosciutto ham & sundried tomato with penne pasta
- Three-Cheese Ziti: Available with either no meat, chicken, or ground beef
- Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms: Beef with fettuccine pasta served with a mushroom garlic cream sauce
Entertainment is Essential at Any Reception Whether It’s a DJ or Live Music
One essential component of any good wedding reception is the entertainment; more specifically, the music, which can really set the tone for the entire event. That’s why it’s important to have a DJ or live music instead of just playing a pre-made playlist on a speaker. A band or DJ can read the crowd and play songs that will keep them on their feet, while also being able to make announcements and introduce events like the first dance or cake cutting. They can also take requests and switch up the music as needed, ensuring that everyone is having a great time all night long. Plus, who doesn’t love dancing during a grand celebration such as this? Hiring a band or DJ may cost a bit more than just hitting play on a pre-made playlist, but it definitely adds an extra level of excitement and energy to your wedding reception. So, be sure not to skimp on the music. Actually, you don’t have to worry about this when you book a Las Vegas wedding reception package at Always & Forever because our packages come complete with a professional DJ who will make all the necessary announcements for you, as well as play outstanding music selections.
Include a Dance Floor for the Ultimate Wedding Celebration
When it comes to wedding celebrations, some couples want to have a small gathering, while others prefer something more grand and lavish. But one thing that nearly everyone can agree on is that having a dance floor is a must-have. Not only does it provide a designated space for an enjoyable time, but it also allows for the traditional dances like the first dance and father-daughter dance. And let’s face it, how many times in our lives are we going to get together with all of our friends and family in one place? So, make sure there’s a dance floor so everyone who attends can dance and have some fun during your wedding reception. The banquet halls at our Las Vegas wedding venue include a fabulous dance floor that you and your guests can use to celebrate the occasion. With that said, take a moment to read over our Reception Hall Venue Packages page to see what else we offer.
Having Bar Options for Your Guests Creates a Fun Atmosphere
Thinking about what type of drinks to have at your wedding reception? If so, consider adding bar options. Why? Because not only will it give your guests extra choices and variety, but it can also act as a social gathering spot, giving your guests the chance to grab a drink and mingle with friends and family during your reception.
Plus, having a bar means that everyone can indulge in a little something special on your big day – from a signature cocktail to an array of wine and beer selections, a bar is definitely worth considering for your Las Vegas wedding reception. When it comes to bar options, you have a few main choices, and that would be an open bar or a cash bar.
A cash bar, is just that, one where the guests must pay for their own drinks. In contrast, an open bar is when you pay for the drinks so your guests won’t have to. Although an open bar is more expensive, many couples opt for this choice because it’s good for the guests. This is true because they are able to drink without paying, and that can serve as a thank you for attending your wedding celebration. Also, those guests who can’t afford to pay for drinks will greatly appreciate your generosity, and they won’t feel left out when they see others enjoying drinks and mingling. Most importantly, it makes for a fun and relaxing atmosphere, and will probably bring more people to the dance floor! It’s worth mentioning that if you can’t afford an open bar, your guests will just have to understand. This day is all about you and the one you love, so don’t worry about guests who would prefer an open bar.
When you get married at Always & Forever, we include outstanding bar options in our packages. Take a moment to view this package so you can see for yourself what we bring to the table – Grand Garden Bronze All Inclusive Ceremony & Reception Package.
Dress Up Your Las Vegas Wedding Reception Hall with Exceptional Wedding Decor
So, what else should you have at your wedding reception? Well, beyond good food and music, wedding decor can really help bring the celebration to life. It creates an atmosphere that represents the occasion at hand – whether you want classic and elegant or fun and playful. The right decor also helps bring all the different elements of the reception together – from table settings to the cake table, into one cohesive look. In addition to this, reception decor also makes for a great wedding photography opportunity! So, don’t be afraid to go overboard in creating a beautiful aesthetic for your big day – it will definitely enhance the overall experience for you and your guests. To give you a head start, here are a few ideas for wedding decor for your up-and-coming Las Vegas wedding reception:
- Color Scheme: You might want to choose colors that match your wedding theme, or you could go with a neutral palette and add pops of color with wedding flowers and other decorations.
- Table Linens: They come in a variety of colors and styles to match any theme you’re going for, and Always & Forever has plenty of them to choose from.
- Centerpieces: These can be simple or extravagant; suggestions include flameless candles or flowers.
- Lighting: Used by many couples in our Las Vegas wedding venue, it can really set the mood for the reception and be used to highlight specific areas. Examples include string lighting, flameless candles, and lanterns.
- Flowers: This one goes without saying; wedding flowers can be used in a variety of settings at your wedding reception such as centerpieces, reception hall entrances, and so on.
Ceremony & Reception Planning Resources
Planning a wedding includes a lot of moving parts, but luckily, we have some great resources on our website that can help make the process a little easier. From wedding venue packages to bridal hair and makeup appointments, and sunset weddings, to wedding traditions, and outdoor weddings, Always & Forever Weddings and Receptions has everything you need to take the stress out of planning your special day.
So, before you start googling wedding advice, be sure to check out all the helpful planning resources we have right at your fingertips on our website. For those who need help with something that’s not listed below, feel free to contact our wedding venue, we would be happy to assist you.
- Consider having a breathtaking lake and garden wedding at our venue in Summerlin.
- We put together a post on planning a wedding for 50 guests – dive in to learn more.
- Have a beautiful outdoor wedding with lake views and a ceremony gazebo!
- Be sure to take a look at this ceremony information if you’re getting married in Las Vegas.
- We have a fabulous indoor wedding space called the Lakeview Chapel – check it out!
- Make sure to use a professional wedding photographer and find out how to locate one.
- Obtaining your Las Vegas marriage license in time is important, learn how to apply for one now.
- Our full-service wedding venue offers exceptional ceremony spaces with garden views.
- If you feel you can’t afford to get married, be sure to dive into our Wedding Specials page.
- We created a post on how to write the perfect maid of honor speech – check it out
- Choosing your bridesmaids doesn’t have to be a difficult task, learn how to do it with this article we created.
- Who pays for what is essential to know so you can plan your wedding budget accordingly.
- Evening weddings can be elegant and romantic; discover more benefits of having a wedding at night.
- Many couples opt to have a wedding for two in Las Vegas – see what packages are available!
- Pick the perfect bridal updo hairstyle from this list that includes fabulous images.
- Are you planning a Las Vegas wedding ceremony? If so, here are a few ideas that will make it an unforgettable affair.
- Rent a limo or sports car on your wedding day, these are just a few ideas – read more for others!
- If you’re not sure how to file for your Las Vegas marriage license, this page can help.
- Have a romantic gazebo wedding ceremony at Always & Forever Weddings and Receptions.
Have a Memorable Wedding Reception Near Downtown Las Vegas!
We understand how much work can go into planning a wedding reception, and finding the perfect venue is crucial to ensure an unforgettable celebration. That’s where Always & Forever comes in, our wedding reception packages include everything you need for a fun and stress-free event, from delicious meal options to stunning decor. Plus, our versatile space can accommodate both intimate gatherings and larger parties with ease. Get in touch with us today at (702) 318-5683 to book your dream wedding reception at our venue located near downtown Las Vegas and the Vegas Strip.