When it comes to Las Vegas wedding flowers, there are a lot of things to consider – What type of flowers should you choose? How much of your total budget should go towards flowers? What florist should you hire? In this post, we’ll break down these questions, as well as other elements that you should know about concerning wedding flowers for your big day.
Wedding Flowers for Your Las Vegas Ceremony and Reception
Is there anything more lovely than a bride walking down the aisle with her bouquet of flowers? Or, a wedding gazebo beautifully graced with seasonal blooms? Flowers are an essential addition to any wedding, and they can add elegance, color, and style to your ceremony and reception. Knowing the importance of adding flowers to your Las Vegas wedding, there are a few things you should be aware of, and we will discuss them below:
Flower Budget – How Much Should You Spend?
No matter what type of wedding you’re going for, a ceremony only affair or an all inclusive event, or maybe a wedding for two, couples will always have a budget, and one inquiry pertaining to this is how much should be spent on flowers. The answer depends on a few factors, including the size of the wedding and the couple’s overall budget. In general, couples should aim to spend 8-10% of their total budget on flowers. This will ensure that they have the best flowers for their big day without breaking the bank. By researching and planning ahead, couples can figure out affordable ways to get the beautiful wedding flowers they deserve.
Always & Forever Weddings and Receptions works with one of the best Las Vegas florists, and they have been providing flowers to our brides and grooms for many years now. Here is a sample of a few of their popular wedding day flowers:
- Garden Bouquet
- Purple Elegance Centerpiece
- Roses & Ivy Cake Decoration
- Must-Have Ring Bearer’s Pillow
Also, keep in mind that Always & Forever’s wedding packages contain flower credits from $25 to $125, depending upon which package you select.
Where are Flowers Used in a Ceremony and Reception?
Flowers are often used to add a touch of elegance and style to Las Vegas wedding ceremonies and receptions, whether they are morning, afternoon, or evening weddings. They can be used to decorate the altar, or, of course, used to create a beautiful bridal bouquet, as well as gathered for centerpieces at the wedding reception. In addition to this, many couples choose to have a floral wreath or archway at the entrance to their reception hall. This is a beautiful way to welcome guests and set the tone for the wedding celebration.
No matter how they are used, flowers are the perfect element to dress up your big day. Many brides get ideas from bridal magazines on how to use flowers in creative ways, as well as what may be trending. However, there really are no set rules as to how you can use flowers for your special day.
To help you along the way, we have put together a summary of popular ceremony and reception flower placements:
Wedding Ceremony Flowers
If you’re not familiar with all the many ways that flowers can dress up a wedding venue during a ceremony, then be sure to dive into the list below:
- Bridal and bridesmaid’s bouquets are the most popular uses for Las Vegas wedding flowers.
- The flower girl’s basket of petals makes for a lovely touch to your special day.
- Groom, best man, and groomsmen wear flower boutonnieres.
- Mother/father and grandmother/grandfather corsages/boutonnieres are made with beautiful flowers.
- Flower petals are sometimes placed along the pathway to the altar for indoor and outdoor weddings.
- The area around your Las Vegas wedding altar can be beautifully decorated with flower arrangements.
- Archways and ceremony gazebos are commonly graced with flowers.
- You will sometimes see decorative flowers placed on chairs.
- Flowers are also used within the bride’s hair for an extra special touch – be sure to dive into our post on bridal updo tips!
Wedding Reception Flowers
There are many ways to include beautiful flowers in your wedding reception – here are just a few to get you started:
- Flowers are a traditional choice when it comes to reception centerpieces. They can be used alone or in combination with other decorations, like candles or vases. Additionally, you can opt to use flowers to create a backdrop for the head table.
- Many couples choose to decorate the wedding cake with fresh flowers.
- Flowers can also be used in the bouquet toss with a replacement bouquet or the original. The bouquet is traditionally thrown to unmarried guests, and whoever catches it is said to be the next to marry.
- Some couples choose to have a Las Vegas wedding flower petal send-off at the end of their reception. This is where guests throw flower petals at the newlyweds as they leave. It’s a fun and festive way to end your wedding celebration.
- Flower vases can be added throughout the banquet hall as an elegant decorative touch.
What Kind of Flowers are Typically Used at Las Vegas Weddings
As you begin to plan your indoor or outdoor wedding, you may be wondering what kind of flowers to use. There are many factors to consider, such as the time of year, color, and your personal style. If you’re looking for some guidance, here’s some info to help you along the way:
Flowers by Season
Seasonal flowers are an excellent choice for your up-and-coming wedding. For one, they are typically less expensive than out-of-season flowers. In addition, seasonal flowers are often more readily available, making it easier to find the perfect blooms for your big day. Another benefit of using seasonal flowers is that they are likely to be fresher and more vibrant. This is because flowers that are in season have been recently harvested, so they will still be full of color and life.
A few examples of flowers by season:
- Winter Blooms: Amaryllis, Anemones, Poinsettia, Hellebores, Lily
- Spring Blooms: Daffodils, Tulips, Garden Rose, Lilacs, Lily of the Valley
- Summer Blooms: Hydrangeas, Freesia, Poppies, Clematis, Roses
- Fall Blooms: Pansy, Marigold, Zinnia, Celosia, Chrysanthemum, Aster
Flowers by Colors
Most brides consider the color of the flowers one of the most important elements to take into account. You might decide to choose the colors based on your overall wedding color scheme, or colors that represent a feeling, such as bright happy shades like yellow, pink, and so on. Or, maybe a dark shade of red or similar that can stand for love and passion. The sky is the limit when it comes to the colors you can choose for your Las Vegas wedding flowers. In fact, couples have even been known to have flowers dyed to perfectly match the colors they have in mind.
Flowers by Theme
Some couples choose their flowers by theme, and here are a few examples for some inspiration:
- Classic & Elegant: For a timeless and elegant feel, opt for classic blooms in white or cream. Think roses, lilies, peonies, and hydrangeas.
- Rustic & Country: For a rustic vibe, go for wildflowers and native plants. Consider using daisies, baby’s breath, poppies, and sunflowers. Because of the colors, these type of flowers pair especially well with sunset weddings.
- Vintage & Retro: To capture a vintage feel, choose flowers that were popular in the era you’re going for. For a 1920s theme, go for art deco florals, feathers, and fronds. For a mid-century vibe, look for chrysanthemums and dahlias.
- Modern & Contemporary: If you’re after a modern aesthetic, go for clean lines and minimalistic arrangements. Stick to monochromatic color schemes and use geometric shapes in your bouquets and centerpieces.
Choosing the Best Las Vegas Wedding Florist
We are sure that you would want everything to be perfect when it comes to the flowers you utilize during your big day. After all, they are a key part of the decor and can really set the tone for your wedding. So, how do you choose the best Las Vegas wedding florist for your special day? Here are a few tips:
- Do Your Research: You will want to make sure you find someone who has experience with weddings and who you can trust to provide beautiful, high-quality flowers. Take some time to read online reviews and look at portfolios to get an idea of what different florists can offer.
- Consider Pricing: You want to make sure you find someone who can work within your budget and who is willing to work with you to create the perfect wedding flowers.
- Schedule a Consultation: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to schedule a consultation with each of the florists you’re considering. This is your chance to meet with them in person, see their work firsthand, and ask any questions you may have. Based on all the information you have gathered, choose the florist you feel can meet your wedding day needs.
If you’re having Always & Forever host your wedding, we highly recommend using our preferred florist, which is Flowers at Lakeside, located in the Desert Shores Community of Summerlin. They always come through with doing an exceptional job of providing the most beautiful flowers to our brides and grooms.
Plan Your Wedding Day with These Popular Resources
If you’ve started planning your wedding, our popular ceremony and reception resource pages can help you get started. From finding the perfect venue to details on obtaining your marriage license, we’ve got information on everything you would need to make your Las Vegas wedding one to remember:
- If you would like us to take care of all the details of your wedding day, then check out our All Inclusive Packages page.
- Lake weddings are perfect for dressing up the ceremony space with flowers – see what packages we offer!
- If you happen to need a reception only package, then check out this page.
- Should you hire a DJ or have live music for your reception? The answer is in this article!
- We put together a post on why it’s essential to use a professional wedding photographer – find out more.
- You can plan a fabulous wedding with 50 guests or more with the help of this post on the topic.
- Want an indoor ceremony? Then be sure to look over our Lakeview Chapel Packages page.
- Don’t wait to apply for your marriage license so you have it on time – find out how!
- You can greatly benefit from reading this post on choosing your bridesmaids, so be sure to jump in!
- Here are a few wedding day transportation ideas just for you!
- For those who have a strict budget, we offer affordable wedding specials just for you.
- Have you thought about which wedding traditions you should include in your wedding? Check out this post for some ideas!
- Dive into our Las Vegas wedding photography page for some helpful information!
- If you want to get an idea of who pays for what on your big day, all you have to do it read this post!
- We suggest passing this maid of honor speech post on to the one you have selected!
- Should you have an open bar at your Las Vegas wedding reception? The answer is in this article!
Dress Up Your Ceremony & Reception Space with Exceptional Las Vegas Wedding Flowers!
No matter what you’re planning – a small wedding ceremony or a large-scale extravaganza, flowers are always a must. Not only do they add beauty and color to one of the most important days of your life, but they also help set the tone for the event. With that said, we hope that this post has provided you with some helpful information on what you may need to know regarding flowers for your Las Vegas wedding. Feel free to contact Always & Forever at (702) 318-5683 if you have questions regarding ceremony or reception flowers, or if you would like to reserve a wedding package for your special day.